Thursday, July 7, 2011

2011 NOLA here we come.

As we prepare for our next trip to New Orleans as few things come to mind. The first is, as usual, the weather. The world has experienced the most unusual weather this year and I can't imagine that New Orleans has been exempt from this. Hot..... I suppose it will be hotter than on our other trips (I can't imagine how that could be). Wet....some parts of our country have had so much water they seemed a lot like NOLA after Katerina, others have had no rain at all and are parched and desperate for relief. What will we encounter this year?

Second, our new school. So far we have worked on some interesting buildings trying to get them up and ready to receive students and engage excitement about learning. I'm sure this year we will do something similar. That is good for me, I look forward to seeing another school and having a hand in getting it ready for another academic year.

Third, our group. In a couple of days we will meet our new team. I am excited to see my "old" friends and meet some new ones. That's part of the fun of this experience.

Fourth, my friend Karen. I hope this is the best NOLA trip ever. Karen is such a special person, I want her to have a wonderful, spectacular, successful program. We'll go celebrate every night.
(with music, and food, etc. And of course, some coffee and beniets at Cafe du Monde).

Well, I will post more this year. I am learning how to do this blogging stuff.

Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment