Thursday, August 9, 2012

NOLA Trip 2

My second trip to New Orleans start the same as the first. This time however I did know one person, Karen. Due to a family a family vacation, I was not able to attend the orientation. I was told to check in with Eunice, however I did not know what she looked like. As I was standing at the gate I notice a lady with beads on. This had to be Eunice.

After checking we waited a short time and boarded the plane. I stepped into the plane and thought to myself, "this is a Barbie plane."

Again this year I did not know who I was rooming with. Tiffany and I have gotten along just fine. My key to getting along with people you do not know is to be flexible and go with the flow.

Returning to Harriet Tubman has been great. The school looks so much better than last year. Classrooms look like classrooms and everything looks so much cleaner.

Our job this year is the continuation of last years book leveling. The only difference is that we are all in one big room. Again there are too many books and not enough shelves to put them on. This is a good problem to have but as someone who likes to have things neat and orderly I feel this project is not going to be complete.

To sum up the trip, it has again been a great time of meeting wonderful people, experiencing more of New Orleans, and most of all helping to improve the education of students. If you are reading this blog to decide whether or not to go on the trip. JUST DO IT. It will be fun and rewarding.




No comments:

Post a Comment