Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day #4 in New Orleans.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!! Times goes so fast and I woke up at 6:45!! I took a very quick shower and ate breakfast. Took the ferry as usuall and went to work. I did painting and even got some paint on my face, on pants and even on my arm. All the members from group #2 except Lauren K ate pizza. It was nighty delicious I ate 6 pizzas. I bought a big bottle of mountain dew while we were wating for to bus to come. While some of us went into the shade Sarah and I stayed out in the sun getting some tan. Frank, Judith, and I took street car while everyone walked about 8 miles back to hotel. The weather was so hot I took another shower. For dinner Kate Zilla, Lauren Helmik, Jennifer Hager, Judith, and Eunice went to a very nice place. The waiter explained about the menu to us so well we knew what we want right away. I got a bottle of local beer, crawfish pasta and French Onion Soup it was yummy. After the dinner Kate, Judith, Eunice and I went to a Jazz club called Preservation Hall. We joined Karen and Tyler who were in line before me. The place was cool had a shop ,but no air conditioning. I bought a cute white shirt and Kate bought a red shirt. When I went in the live band was playing great selection of music like Saints Go Marching In. I asked Karen "Do you think the band will play What A Wonderful World if I ask them?" Karen was smiling and told me "Go for it". A lady who was MC told me maybe in the next show. I went to Trombone player and told him "Hi My name is Caroline Kim and I'm visiting from Chicago and if you play What A Wonderful World as first song in 2nd act then I will sing for you." Guess what? The band played and I sang it. I even got a big shot badge and went to a bathroom where I have to pay a tip to women. On the way home we stopped by a mini grocerry store, even got a small bag of hurricane mix Party!! Party!! , got a fruite smoothie and got my favorite chocolate milk. After come back to hotel I watched Shark Week with Tyler and Karen until 11:00p.m. It was so much fun and best of all I was a big star. I just love New Orleans. In my mind preservation Hall was 200% better than Maple Leaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment